Saturday, March 14, 2015

Vacation Fail: Remember Small Steps

Yesterday was not a good day.  It wasn't a completely bad day, but that's because I was determined to not let the unexpected fires define the entire day.

It's a work in progress.

Just get back on the horse.

Things are going to happen and you roll with them.

Now that the day has gone by, I am trying to recall what had me in a tizzy.

Oh yeah......

1) I had to make an emergency trip to the bank in the next town.  It took my entire afternoon break and I barely had time to wolf down a fast food salad before my afternoon appointments began. Meals during the week days are important, similar to the sleep factor.  If I'm going to be at my best for clients, I can't have any blood sugar crashes.  I was disappointed that I had to become so side tracked to put our this small fire that I had caused because I was not careful making a purchase for the office.  I was able to solve it, but the rest of my errands had to wait until the next day.

2) Also, I wasn't feeling well that day.  Woman stuff.  Enough to say about that.  I could right a book on this topic alone.

3)  Our morning routine was a complete meltdown for everyone involved.  It only took a second for all of us to snap and turn into the King Kong family. Take in that imagery for a second.  Yeah, we felt awful.  This is not how families stand together for each other.

What I loved about vacation was the fact that I was not bogged down by errands and stuff. (You know all about that stuff.... ugh)  I can't avoid it during the work day, so flexibility is key.  Also, leaving yourself wiggle room for last minute changes is important.

The last point here is, this is a slow process.  We can get into the Vacation-Feel but small steps will make it successful.

Take the pressure off, but get back on the horse.


No comments:

Post a Comment