Friday, March 6, 2015

Two Whammies Coming Up

It's Friday so the weekend is here.

Two possible snags to my authentically restful sleep routine, ARSR, are coming up.

First, son has said all week he is looking forward to staying up late, so I'll have to decide how to handle it.  I might say no.  I might let him stay up until ten, but that means I have to stay up until ten and be the alarm clock for him.

Also this is the weekend we change the clocks and "spring ahead."  This morning I was up at 6:30 and it is already nice and bright.  I wonder if we really need this.  This is also the time of the year we have to get up an hour early due to the clock change and it can take quite a while to get used to it.

I will continue to go to bed at 9 PM and let myself wake up naturally as the light appears in the window.  This is the paleo/primal way to wake your body up anyway.

Also, today is a Friday during lent and that changes the whole breakfast ritual.  We still eat eggs and butter, but that is about it in the protein/fat department.  It is quite easy for me to feel light headed when I wait too to eat, not just during Lent.  The challenge now is to avoid meat and not go wild on the carbs.  Any type of flour and refined product is going to make my stomach bloat.  Yeck!  But this is a mild sacrifice compared to the Crucifixion of our Lord.  Less time on food allows more time on prayer.  But, I need to watch my diet today so I don't end up over-inflaming my system.

Go take on the Day and Keep that Vacation-Feel!

No comments:

Post a Comment