Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Good Morning Day #3

Today is my busy day.  I have to head over to the next town at 8:30, so as soon as I drop off hubby and son to their work and school, I am on the road.

Waking up early was so easy.  But I know it's not easy when your sleep schedule is a mess.  Sometimes we have rotten sleep schedules that appear to be normal.  I thought I had a fairly decent sleep schedule.

My recent state of calmness these last two days pretty much proves I was not doing well in the sleep department.  And when we say we'll catch up later, or one late night during the week isn't so bad -- it really is bad.
----------------------Later in the day entry:
The rest of my day did not go as planned.  I was stuck in the sleety, snowy driveway.  It took a while to get out.  Thanks to some friendly neighbors, they pushed my car out.  I was stuck at the end of the driveway because I stopped.  People up north know that stopping is a risk.  I saw a neighbor leaving his driveway, so I stopped and it turns out if I just rammed it out onto the street I would have been fine.  But when it comes to high snow banks blocking your view, you can never be too careful.  This time it got me stuck.

I cancelled my evening appointments and I was okay with that.  I usually don't like changing other people's plans and I feel awful about it, but the weather was bad.

Now, my calmness about the situation.... was that because I had an authentic good night's sleep?  It can be up to debate but I'll say yes.
SLEEP MATTERS!

Now, you may think I am a horrible, out of control, witch.  I keep mentioning how calm I feel.  It's not that I was always over the top anxious.  I just don't know what other word besides "calm" to use to describe my journey.

The "vacation feel" is certainly nice, comfortable, relaxing.  This is the feeling I want to keep in my back to non-vacation life.  It feels very calm.

I kept my breakfast ritual simple again.  Doing so helps me feel less uptight about squeezing in a workout.  I truly loved my work out days.  I have been very lazy and in a rut for at least 1 1/2 years, so I miss it.  I'll go into more detail with that as well in future blog posts.

I will also talk more about my Paleo cereal.  It's a new favorite.

The clock says 8:56 PM. Time to turn in.


No comments:

Post a Comment