Friday, March 20, 2015

One Month Progress Report

It hasn't been quite a month yet, but we did leave for vacation Feb. 20th, and today is March 20th.  Once I completed the 2 week pre-vacation preparations, I was ready to start our trip to Florida.

I have made a small dent in my procrastination since I returned as this was a goal of mine.  To live like vacation, I wanted to do more than get through each day.  I want to add new approaches to my business and I want my home life to be more relaxed, yet accomplished, rather than a home being a drop off point where I just lay around in exhaustion with no real motivation to do things besides, well, lay around.  (How'd you like that wild run on sentence.  That run on sentence is an example of the run on life.  This is so funny I am not changing it.  Nope. No editing. )

My mind was generally in "sit and mope" mood, and usually in front of Facebook.  What a waste of time.  I used to tell myself I was resting, then the hours flew by.  Like I said.  What a waste.

More on this later......I have to get ready for the day.

***********I'm back **************

The day is over.  Work was steady and lunch was at 3:20!  But it was not the brain drain I usually feel.  I didn't let myself get worked up.  I took the break when it came up and I was ready for the rest of my afternoon.

I am going to bed by 9:30 tonight.  I am sticking to the sleep routine.  It has proven to be a smart change.  I had my relapse and, wow, what a difference.

And, another observation:  When I eat carbs or sugar, my sleep is disrupted as well.  So, diet and sleep are your two very important partners in the Live Like Vacation Mind-Set.  In fact, they are baseline.

I haven't done any real recreational things that are "vacation like" or renewing.  That is one criticism I have for myself.  I could blame the weather.  But I can't change the weather.

Another criticism:  I didn't exercise enough in the last 2 weeks.

Your Live Like Vacation plan doesn't have to be exactly like mine, but you have to decide what goals matter to you.

What things do you want to get away from when you go on vacation?
Work chaos?
Disruptions?
Family fighting?
Everything in the house that's broken?

What are your favorite things about vacation?
Ahhhhh......Sleep,....quiet.......leisure activities.......someone else cooking for you.........

Keep it a work in progress. But feel good as you do it.


No comments:

Post a Comment